Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bglaplante
Contributor III
Contributor III

tMongoDBRow - still using eval ???

This very old post https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/How-to-rename-a-MongoDB-collection/td-p/75872

indicated that tMongoDBRow would no longer be using eval, but instead would be using runCommand by version 6.1.  I am on version 7.1.1 and trying the example... I get an error ... error 13 - unauthorized to execute command { $eval: ....

Eh?  The admin doesn't want to give eval permission.  Was this not implemented or?

Thank you.

I'm on mongoDB 3.6.14

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Starting from V 6.1, we have added a new option that uses the "runCommand" feature to execute commands. This ensures the compatibility between different studio versions and the latest as we keep the $eval option and add the new "runCommand" option.

Please have a look at this component reference:https://help.talend.com/reader/JAVIF8qLh6BhZ~e4~IDqtw/Lgd0SPBAv6Mkw~tV_U2~qw 

Here is the related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-2811 

Best regards

Sabrina

bglaplante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK, this helps, especially as the link I referenced above says to

Uncheck the 'Execute command' box and type in the command as below

so that's wrong.  I need to check Execute Command in order to use runCommand.

Can you provide a functioning example of a command (proper syntax)?  As

"db.oldname.renameCollection('newName')"

Given in the old answer... results in "no such command"

bglaplante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK - got a bit further --- the correct syntax would be of form

{ renameCollection: "<source_namespace>", to: "<target_namespace>", dropTarget: <true|false>  writeConcern: <document> }

with the " changed to ' when entering this as "construct command from JSON string" in Talend.

that then fails with a mongo error - rename collection may only be run against the admin database.  A fairly significant limitation, which seems to be in MongoDB.

So it appears - without eval permission, there is no way to execute a rename collection with tMongoDBRow in my situation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

@bglaplante wrote:

OK - got a bit further --- the correct syntax would be of form

{ renameCollection: "<source_namespace>", to: "<target_namespace>", dropTarget: <true|false>  writeConcern: <document> }

with the " changed to ' when entering this as "construct command from JSON string" in Talend.

that then fails with a mongo error - rename collection may only be run against the admin database.  A fairly significant limitation, which seems to be in MongoDB.

So it appears - without eval permission, there is no way to execute a rename collection with tMongoDBRow in my situation.

With your situation, could you please create a jira issue on talend bug tracker?

Best regards

Sabrina