Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tOracleOutput ORA-00926: missing VALUES keyword

Hi,

I've got a simple job which inserts values into an Oracle table via tOracleOutput however i get the oracle error ORA-00926: missing VALUES keyword. This leads me to think that the insert statement is not being generated properly by Talend, however, i've added an on subjob error to retrieve ((String)globalMap.get("tOracleOutput_1_QUERY")) but it is null. The oracle user has grants to be able to insert.

Has anyone any ideas or is this error masking a different problem?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ooops shouldn't have been using the tXMLMap, swapped it for tMap.

In the end it was fixed by deleting the tOracleOutput component and reimporting it from the repository. I can only assume there was a value mapped incorrectly somewhere or the table definition had changed since it was last imported.

Thanks for you help everyone. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
fdenis
Master
Master

what is your sql insert query?
normally this error come when you inert values without "values" word in your query string.
(it also may due to parentheses).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi fdenis, there is no sql insert query option in the tOracleOutput  component. i am mapping values striaght into tOracleOutput via a tMap. 

fdenis
Master
Master

ok sorry did you have data on your flow?
you can add tlog on orange link to see them.
fdenis
Master
Master

did you have schema on your input link?
fdenis
Master
Master

if you are java friendly, you can go to code tab looking for red lines.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We have not seen your schema. But I believe you are missing some schema elements and that is the reason for your issue. Could you please print the output and see the details using a tLogrow? Also please verify the output schema is in sync with input schema from previous component. This also create the likelihood for the above error.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What I’ve done to troubleshoot the issue is just create a simple job where I have hard coded some values in the tMap just so I can isolate the problem to the tOracleOutput component. See the attached screenshot, there is data flowing from tMap to tOracleOutput. The job compiles fine, there are no errors or warnings showing in the java tab.   Screenshot of the schemas attached from both Talend and oracle.
Untitled.png
Schema.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It looks decent. Since you are using a tXMLMap, could you please print the output of it to a tLogrow instead of tOracleOutput and see the output?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ooops shouldn't have been using the tXMLMap, swapped it for tMap.

In the end it was fixed by deleting the tOracleOutput component and reimporting it from the repository. I can only assume there was a value mapped incorrectly somewhere or the table definition had changed since it was last imported.

Thanks for you help everyone.