Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cherichoc-
Creator
Creator

tPop advanced settings filter not working

I have a job where i need to extract email by subject but the job seems to run forever without extracting anything. Without filters i am able to extract email but the filter is not working. I have tried subject, from, to none of them works. Its pop3 protocol.

0693p00000BW1uAAAT.png

Labels (6)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

Cherichoc-
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​  Sorry for the late reply

Talend Open Studio ESB 7.1.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. You do have emails in your inbox which satisfy the filter condition? Gmail server ? Are you getting the same error when use try imap instead?

Best regards

Sabrina

Cherichoc-
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes. I just tried imap and it is also running forever with filter options. It is an outlook.office365.com host

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I will make a testing for this issue in V 7.1.1 to see if it reproduce from my end and then come back to you asap.

Best regards

Sabrina

orn1e
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sabrina,

Please did you have the same issue? the answer may help.

My problem is that tPop does not take any string in [] into account while searching the mail.

i use Talend Cloud Real-Time Big Data Platform, 7.1.1

Please, can you tell me if there is any way to fix this?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does your setting for the “Filter item” respect to the “Pattern”? And if you have more than one filter, then please verify the “Filter condition relation”.

Would you mind posting your trouble screenshot here which will be helpful for us to address your issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

orn1e
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sabrina,

everything is ok when i fill the values in the studio (subject, from, after).

But with the properties file, the job does not consider the subject if it includes a string between [ and ].

for example, in the subject if i put directly in the component studio parameters the value : "\\[test\\] titre", the job finds the mail.

But if i put the same value in my properties file, subject==[test] titre OR subject=="[test] titre" OR subject==\\[test\\] titre, ... the mail is not found.

please let me know if i Am clear in my explanation ?

How can i fix the problem with the properties file ? i cannot avoid using external values .

Thank you in advance.

Jfoster1657625676
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you get any solution?