Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fevizcaino
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

tRest - Dynamic URLs and using data from input

Hi everyone,

Keep in mind that I`m a super beginner. So feel free to let me know if any part of my process could be done differently as well.

I have a file with a list of endpoints and filenames (highlighted), and I`m using the tRest to go over all the Endpoints, download a list of JSON files, and output each file as a JSON file.

My problem is that my filename comes from the input file, and I have no idea how to bring this information to the tRest output.

fevizcaino_0-1720209290326.png

I looked everywhere and saw some posts talking about using a tmap, but couldn`t grasp the idea. My tRest response has only the body and nothing else.

Thank you.

Best,

Fernando

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

If you read the endpoints and filenames from the file and use a tFlowToterate to iterate each row, you can access the current row using the following expression:

rowNumber.columnName

eg:

tFileInputDelimited--main(row1)--tFlowToIterate--tRest--main--tFileOutputDelimited

on tRest, you can set a dynamic URL:

"host/"+row1.Endpoint

on tFileOutputDelimited, set a dynamic Output file path:

"D:\path\"+row1.Output+".json"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hello  

Where do you extract the endpoints? from a file with filename?

Shicong_Hong_0-1720404815894.png

Can you explain how endpoint and filename are related? That is, which filename should be used for the current endpoint's output?

Regards

Shicong

fevizcaino
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

The highlighted input file looks like this:

fevizcaino_0-1720446933224.png

I`m using this file to manage all endpoints and also to have all filenames (Output). All endpoints return a JSON and I want to save each JSON to a different file.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

If you read the endpoints and filenames from the file and use a tFlowToterate to iterate each row, you can access the current row using the following expression:

rowNumber.columnName

eg:

tFileInputDelimited--main(row1)--tFlowToIterate--tRest--main--tFileOutputDelimited

on tRest, you can set a dynamic URL:

"host/"+row1.Endpoint

on tFileOutputDelimited, set a dynamic Output file path:

"D:\path\"+row1.Output+".json"

fevizcaino
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you!! 

While I was waiting for a reply, I developed another solution and you wouldn`t believe the number of components I used for that. 😂

Only so I can understand clearly these variables from the FlowToIterate. I can use them wherever I want downstream after the Flowtoiterate, right? Even if I turn on the parallel execution?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino