Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BDescision
Contributor
Contributor

tSAPInput - How to get SAP information

Hello,

i have a problem when i try to import data from SAP database with talend. Does anyone use TSapInput component and can help me to know how the component works? because, if i compare tSAPInput component with another tDBInput component, i don't found any relation or similarity.

I need to know how to get the fields from a SAP table and bring them to a TMap, if it is possible. I don't know what i have to fill into "Initialize input" or in "Outputs"

0695b00000EYPPjAAP.png

VS

0695b00000EYPRGAA5.png

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

RR

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Since version 6.0, the SAP components(tSAPInput, tSAPOutput) have been removed from Talend Open Studio.

Are you downloading tSapInput and tSapOut components freely from Talend Exchange Portal and install them into your current open studio?

With talend subscription solution, you can create a connection to an SAP BW system and an SAP HANA database and store this connection in the Metadata folder in the Repository tree view.

Here is the related documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Centralizing SAP metadata

Best regards

Sabrina

BDescision
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Sabrina,

thanks for your answer. If i follow your link, i need credentials (that i dont have) to download some libraries from SAP Portal (https://accounts.sap.com/saml2/idp/sso). Please, do you know any other site where i can download these libraries for free?

Thanks again.

RR

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Talend recommends that you have an SAP Service User type account to fully use the components. If you need access to your SAP systems or have a different user type, contact your SAP Administration team.

Best regards

Sabrina

BDescision
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Sabrina,

thanks again for your answer. I'll contact to the SAP Administrator Team. Anyway, as I read, can i do what i want using Talend Open Studio for DI? or I need to pay for a license ?

Kind Regards.

RR

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

With talend open studio, you have to download tSapInput and tSapOut components from Talend Exchange Portal and install them into your studio as a custom component.

So far, there is no SLA and technical support for custom components.

Best regards

Sabrina