Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibcrandy
Contributor II
Contributor II

tSalesforceOutputBulk error in lookup: INVALID_FIELD:Cannot specify both an external ID and a salesforce ID

So I'm working through converting a bunch of SSIS jobs to Talend and while working on a couple of Salesforce jobs I hit an issue.  I converted one job and got the lookups working and everything running fine.  I use that as a template for converting another job and I hit this strange error:

INVALID_FIELD:Cannot specify both an external ID reference hed__Parent_Contact__r and a salesforce id, hed__Parent_Contact__c:--

0683p000009M9Oy.png

Above I have included how I have that particular bulk upsert configured.  The differences between how this one is configured and the other are:

1. On the other object it was a master-detail relationship, where here it's a lookup relationship
  2. This is a managed object while the other was a custom object, though that has never caused issue with the SSIS job and it has been able to upsert just fine.

I've looked at the WSDL and I see no obvious difference in the fields being used for the lookup.  Anyone have any idea why two very similarly configured jobs are getting such different results?  Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ibcrandy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So I figured out the solution and figured i'd update this in case anyone was curious.  I had pulled down the whole schema for the object from salesforce even though I was only updating a few of the fields.  Turns out one of the fields (unmapped) was the parent_contact__c field, which was having nothing sent to it.  However because it was in the schema it wanted to upsert data to it as well but it was really not being updated.  Removing the fields that weren't being updated and only including those that were fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ibcrandy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So I figured out the solution and figured i'd update this in case anyone was curious.  I had pulled down the whole schema for the object from salesforce even though I was only updating a few of the fields.  Turns out one of the fields (unmapped) was the parent_contact__c field, which was having nothing sent to it.  However because it was in the schema it wanted to upsert data to it as well but it was really not being updated.  Removing the fields that weren't being updated and only including those that were fixed the problem.