Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DM_J
Contributor II
Contributor II

tSalesforceinput misses some rows from time to time

In my job, I have some tSalesforceinput components that read data in Bulk mode and save the result in a CSV file very straight way.

Only one of the inputs misses some rows on some days and Salesforce support tells me sometimes the children's batches are delayed.

They refer that SF creates a master batch and some children batches when there is bulk mode runs in SF.

They say I need to config something in Talend that waits for the delay.

the only thing that I found is in the Advance Tab "salesforce API call delay" Can someone explain this feature?

And if there is any way to make

tSalesforceinput to wait?

The more confusing part is it happens only for a specific Salesforce object.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ahakimi ahakimi​ 

It seems the component documentation misses the description of this option, I have created a DOCT issue to our Doc team. For big volume of data set, I suggest you to increase the bigger chunk size, eg: chunk size from 100_000 to 250_000, and increase the "salesforce API call delay" value.

Regards

Shong

DM_J
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​  thanks, can you explain what salesforce API call delay does? what is its value? time, minutes, or seconds?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ahakimi ahakimi​ Delay between salesforce API call to check the progress while a batch is in progress to avoid spamming, it is 15 seconds by default.

TBates1683209008
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind. Set "salesforce API call delay" in the salesforce input Advanced Tab to mitigate potential Salesforce batch processing delays. Experiment for best results. Are you overwhelmed by the amount of assignments and time constraints? Look no further than the APA Paper Writing Service. This https://www.topessaywriting.org/apa-paper-writing-service site offers talented writers, 100% original essays, and complimentary plagiarism reports. Furthermore, they revise until you are satisfied and never miss a deadline, with ongoing customer support. This is a student's dream!