Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tSchemaComplianceCheck for tFileInputPositional is not working

0683p000009M5JF.jpg0683p000009M5JK.jpg0683p000009M5JP.jpg

Hello,

I want to check if a tFileInputPositional has more columns as defined with tSchemaComplianceCheck. The second row should be rejected, because it has more columns as defined, but the row is not rejected (see in my enclosed pictures).

Is tSchemaComplianceCheck the right component to check this or is there another component which I should use?

Thanks for your help, James.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Did you use a custom schema to check the data in tSchemaComplianceCheck component? In addition that, you could read your tfileinputpositional into tjavarow component and set custom code in it to check your schema manually.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sabrina,

thanks for your reply.

I tried a custom schema for tSchemaComplianceCheck, but it is connected with the schema of tfileinputpositional and the additional data is not identified.

Another try with reading the data from the tFileInputPositional into tJavaRow leads to the same result. In the tJavaRow component I used the schema from tFileInputPositional and Talend Open Studio generated this code, which doesn't contain the additional data in the second row after the surname. Do you have an idea how I can display the additional data? Sometimes I have a file with lines of additional data, which are not defined and too long. 

output_row.No = input_row.No;
output_row.Surname = input_row.Surname;

tJavaRow1.JPG