Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tSendMail malfuctioning

Hai,
I have a job that extract data from tFileList.
Using tFileExist, I am checking the existing of the file.
If there is no file exist in the tFileList, I have to sent notification using tSendMail.
Using the expression of , an email will be sent to the target email address.
In my case, I have tested to put a file in the tFileList. Logically, an email would not be sent to the targeted email address. Unfortunately, it happens the other way round. Do you know why is the email is sent to the email address even there is a file in the tfileList?
Any suggestion are appreciated.
Thanks,
fadh
0683p000009MDZK.png
Labels (2)
25 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Following expression is true when there is no file, and tsendmail would send the mail.
((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS")) == false
Thanks
Vaibhav
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi sanxaibhav,
I have used the expression as what you have suggested. the link shows false but there is no email notification sent towards the identified email address. How could this suppose to be happened?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Anyone has the idea of what actually has happened?
Any suggestion would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
fadh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I have designed a demo job with the condition !((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS")), everything is OK.
Please have a look at my screenshots
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MDZP.png 0683p000009MDZU.png 0683p000009MDZZ.png 0683p000009MDTJ.png 0683p000009MDZe.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you pl check on your filter condition on tFileList? I think problem is there
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
using the expression of !((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS")) and I have deleted the file, the link of (IF) shows false. But if I put the file again in the folder, the link shows true by using the expression above.
I am a bit confuse.
0683p000009MDUB.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
It seems you got an opposite result(If the file exist, the condition should be "false"). Could you indicate the build version you are using? Does it repro on another version?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I am quite unclear with "repro on another version". I am using TOS 5.3.1
Thanks,
fadh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author