Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattE
Creator II
Creator II

tSystem Linux array commands

I want to run this command on a tSystem on a Linux box. Note jq is already installed on the Linux box

sudo chmod 777 /temp/month_end/redemptions/ && jq -c '.[]' /temp/month_end/redemptions/BillingFile_February_2023_raw.json > /temp/month_end/redemptions/BillingFile_February_2023.json

But Talend can't handle this multiple commands it give a file not found error as mentioned here https://community.talend.com/s/article/Executing-a-Linux-command-with-a-pipe-using-a-tSystem-component-IOBiH?language=en_US

What is the correct way to do this?

I've tried the attached but it still gives the same error

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As the tSystem component truncates the command at the first space in the file name and you will encounter the following error:

"The system cannot find the specified file".

Could you please check this point as well?

Best regards

Sabrina

MattE
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ I don't understand what you mean. There are no spaces in the filename, they are BillingFile_February_2023_raw.json and BillingFile_February_2023.json

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please try to add the commands as seen below in the Command table?

"sudo chmod 777 /temp/month_end/redemptions/"

"jq -c '.[]' /temp/month_end/redemptions/BillingFile_February_2023_raw.json"

" jq -c '.[]'/temp/month_end/redemptions/BillingFile_February_2023.json"

Best regards

Sabrina

MattE
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I see what you mean. Unfortunately the full 2nd command needs to be jq -c '.[]' /temp/month_end/redemptions/BillingFile_February_2023_raw.json > /temp/month_end/redemptions/BillingFile_February_2023.json this is because the jq app is transforming the first file and sending the output to the second file . I've tried the below configuration but get the file not found error.

0695b00000ddZvfAAE.png