Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tSystem component is not displaying complete logs on the console

Hi,

I am executing a sqoop export command through shell script which will be called using tSystem component in the job. When I execute the script on the edge node using CLI, I get complete logs written to the log file. When the same script is executed through Talend job, only couple of lines of the logs are written to the log file. I have set the options of "Standard output" and "error output" to console. On the console also, I get only first few lines of the sript logs. 

Talend version : 6.3.1 

I have attached a screenshot of the job design and log output for reference. Please suggest if there is any alternate to collect the entire logs from the shell script. 

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Added Talend execution logs

Talend_sqoop_export_20181206170131.txt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please advise whether you are running the Talend jobs also from the same edge node? The Talend Big data jobs should be configured to execute from edge node.

If you are currently running the Talend job from different node, could you please change the target execution to edge node and verify the results?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nikhil,

Yes, Talend jobs are being executed on the same edge node where the shell script is executed.

I just noticed that, Talend log file has only warning messages from the sqoop execution although job is set to "info" for the log4j option. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please change the logging mode to Debug and try if you are looking for more detailed logs?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nikhil,

I changed the log level to debug, still no change in the log file. Only warning messages are logged to the file. 

parasarora
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

Getting the same exact issue in Talend 7.2.1 too where Sqoop warn log is only showing up through tSystem component. Can you please provide a solution if its already been found out