Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmd
Contributor
Contributor

tWaitForFile : always wait 1 minute

Hi,
I set the time between iterations to 1 (second)
and I tried "when a file is created" or "when a file is updated" as the trigger
But the component (in command line execution) always wait 1 minute, even if the file is there before 1 minute
What's wrong ?
I'm in version 5.2.0
Labels (2)
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
If you execute your job in studio, Is it still last for 1 minute, too?
Here is the component reference tWaitForFile with scenario
Best regards
Sabrina
jmd
Contributor
Contributor
Author

No, in studio, the component doesn't wait 1 minute
I already had a look at the standard scenario in documentation : this one tals about file deletion trigger which is not my case
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like this is the problem - there is an option in Advanced settings of the component "Wait for file to be released"
Hope this helps
0683p000009MDwp.jpg
jmd
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I can't see the connexion between my problem and this parameter but I can try
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
No, in studio, the component doesn't wait 1 minute, I already had a look at the standard scenario in documentation : this one tals about file deletion trigger which is not my case

I don't think something wrong with your job, because in studio everything work well, right? I suppose the problem in your command line, could you give us more info about that?(By the way, the standard scenario in documentation is to help you understand this component quickly)
Best regards
Sabrina
jmd
Contributor
Contributor
Author

There isn't any problem in command line : it's the standard command line generated by Talend
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Well, could you post the screenshots of your work flow so that we can know your job more clearly. It may be blocked on some segment. In addition, you should know that Studio and Command line are transmitting over the network, so there is no absolute synchronization.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jmd,
One more question about your job how do you know it is a minute delay? How do you calculate it ?
Best regards
Sabrina