Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreK
Contributor III
Contributor III

tfileinputmail msg - NotOLE2FileException

Dear all,

i have to download the mail, extract the attachment, and process this one.In error case this mail should be send to user.

My talend process works well with tfileinputmail mime (.mail). In error case the original email (xxx.mail) will be send to user. But unfortunately user cannot open attachem mail in format ".mail" !!!

I tried to process this one with ".msg". Mail is correctly downloaded. But in tfileinputmail MSG i get following error:

ERROR L.i.tFileInputMail_2 - org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.NotOLE2FileException:Invalid header signature; read 0x6465766965636552, expected 0xE11AB1A1E011CFD0 - Your file appears not to be a valid OLE2 document

How I can send the email with ".mail", so that the user can open it or why I get error with tfileinputmail MSG?

Kind regards

Labels (2)
6 Replies
AndreK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

unfortunately in this case user is using MIME and for MSG Error NotOLE2FileException there is no solution.
With MIME I can process the mails, but in error case I send the original message to user and he can't open mime mail.
AndreK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear community,

do you have any idea to this topic ?

AndreK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear experts,

do you have any idea, why I get following error:

ERROR L.i.tFileInputMail_2 - org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.NotOLE2FileException:Invalid header signature; read 0x6465766965636552, expected 0xE11AB1A1E011CFD0 - Your file appears not to be a valid OLE2 document

AndreK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have a workaround to solve this issue:

1. I get the message as mime

2. download the converter mime2msg

3. Call this converter, if I have to send mail.

N_
Contributor
Contributor

@Andre Kabalkin​  were you able to find a way to read the (.mail) file? If Yes could you share the solution. Thanks.