Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

thiveconnection: Facing issues when trying to establish a connection to hive

Hi All,

I have configured hadoop and hive in my personal laptop and I can see both hadoop and hive server 2 are running properly when I start them form the cmd. but when I try connecting to hive from talend I face the below issue. 

Starting job jhiveconnection at 15:47 18/06/2019.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3904
[statistics] connected
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/TOS_BD-20181026_1147-V7.1.1/configuration/.m2/repository/org/talend/libraries/slf4j-jdk14-1.7.5/6.0.0-SNAPSHOT/slf4j-jdk14-1.7.5-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/TOS_BD-20181026_1147-V7.1.1/configuration/.m2/repository/org/talend/libraries/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10/6.0.0/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10-6.0.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.JDK14LoggerFactory]
Exception in component tHiveConnection_1 (jhiveconnection)
java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://LAPTOP-7B8BGM6F/192.168.56.1:10000/my_db: Cannot open without port.
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openTransport(HiveConnection.java:234)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:178)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:105)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at edureka_training.jhiveconnection_0_1.jhiveconnection.tHiveConnection_1Process(jhiveconnection.java:522)
at edureka_training.jhiveconnection_0_1.jhiveconnection.runJobInTOS(jhiveconnection.java:866)
at edureka_training.jhiveconnection_0_1.jhiveconnection.main(jhiveconnection.java:703)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Cannot open without port.
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:174)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:266)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslClientTransport.open(TSaslClientTransport.java:37)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openTransport(HiveConnection.java:206)
... 7 more
[statistics] disconnected

can you please help me to get this issue fixed.

Labels (5)
1 Reply
JaneYu
Contributor III
Contributor III

you may need to install the required jars for tHiveConnection.