Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deisou
Contributor
Contributor

tkafkainput - "Stop after receiving a maximum number of messages" does not work

The tKafkaInput component in my job does not stop after the specified number of messages in the "Stop after receiving a maximum number of messages" setting.

I have 180 messages in the queue, and I want to stop after getting the first 10, but it always gets all 180 no matter what number I choose.

Have I used this setting incorrectly? Any thoughts?

0683p000009M00o.png0683p000009M02U.png

Labels (2)
9 Replies
deisou
Contributor
Contributor
Author

bump
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

From your screenshot, we don't find any incorrect setting. Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are? We will make a testing on it to see if it is a bug.

Best regards

Sabrina

deisou
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm using: Talend Open Studio for Big Data - Version: 7.0.1

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please try to download talend open studio for bigdata product 7.1.1 to see if this issue repro?

Best regards

Sabrina

deisou
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, and I can confirm this is still a problem in Talend Open Studio for Big Data 7.1.1.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please try one of the message batches option (stop after a max total duration, stop after receiving a maximum number of messages, stop after max time between messages) in Talend Open Studio for Big Data 7.1.1.?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xdshi,

We are using Talend Open Studio for Big Data version 7.2.1 and we just encountered similar problem.

Are you still taking care of this thread? if you are, we will provide more information here.

thank you,

David

huangmic
Contributor
Contributor

same problem in 7.3.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi huangic,

I don't find a related issue reported on our bugtracker<>, can you please create one?

Regards
Shong