Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tsetDynamicSchema - source data changes

I have a use case of reading data from the csv files coming in. But at times few columns are not in order or missing. But target is not changing in Database. In such scenarios how can i use tsetDynamicSchema to handle? if i can not use tsetDynamicschema, what is the other best component.

Regards
Velu.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi velu,
But at times few columns are not in order or missing. But target is not changing in Database.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Have you tried to use talend "Dynamic Schema" feature? Which [/font] allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, Any link to help me in understanding / guiding to define the undefined column and data types between source and target?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Here is a KB article about:TalendHelpCenter:How to process changing data structure?
Let us know if it is Ok with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
vapukov
Master II
Master II

Dynamic schema present in subscription version of Talend
it work with few restrictions:
[list=*]
  • number of source columns must be same or less than target

• name of source and target columns must be the same

• order could be different

• so, for example if You have in csv file - 1 additional column, or 1 column with different name, the Job will finishing with error
    if You have just different order - it will be work

alternative for OpenSource version - tFileInputTextFlat, the great component from Jan Lolling
    If You know all target columns - You can extract them without worry - if they present in file or not, and omit all other columns