Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to connect hadoop using Talend Bigdata

Hi,

I have installed Hadoop in windows machine and tried to connect from Talend big data open studio, but I am unable to connect.

I am getting 'Compilation' error as follows.

Is it related to any jar files to be downloaded??

I am unable to download some optional packages, it is failing and tried multiple times.

0683p000009M0Zx.jpg

0683p000009M0aC.jpg

Labels (2)
17 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@Vibin_CT,can you check the required jars are installed in your talend setup? in Module section you will find the all jars.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Does the issue 'apache-curator' block you to use TOS-BD? It is not necessary to download all optional modules before using TOS-BD. The required jars will be pop-up again as a download/install dialog when you need to use some detailed function.

Here exists a jira issue about:

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-20803

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @manodwhb,

Could you please specify where exactly I can see installed jars in Talend?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

Thanks for the information. I think 'Apache-curator' is blocking other jars to download.

But I am unable to see any jars needed for tHDFSConnection component for 'Custom-Unsupported' Distribution option.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Did you follow up this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Connecting to a custom Hadoop distribution to connect hadoop distribution 2.7.7?

Have you tried to connect hadoop with supported distribution by talend(2.5, 2.6) to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

I tried for the custom distribution also, but still it is asking some libraries to download and unable to download.

At last I have installed Cloudera in VMware and tried same distribution in Talend. Now I am not getting any compile time error. It seems the issue is with custom distribution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

@Vibin_CT wrote:

Hi @xdshi,

I tried for the custom distribution also, but still it is asking some libraries to download and unable to download.

At last I have installed Cloudera in VMware and tried same distribution in Talend. Now I am not getting any compile time error. It seems the issue is with custom distribution.

Thanks for your feedback. Is the connection hadoop 2.7.7 OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

Yes. Now I am able to connect Hadoop (Cloudera VMware) using Talend Big Data. Appreciate your valuable comments.