Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to connect hadoop using Talend Bigdata

Hi,

I have installed Hadoop in windows machine and tried to connect from Talend big data open studio, but I am unable to connect.

I am getting 'Compilation' error as follows.

Is it related to any jar files to be downloaded??

I am unable to download some optional packages, it is failing and tried multiple times.

0683p000009M0Zx.jpg

0683p000009M0aC.jpg

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

I tried for the custom distribution also, but still it is asking some libraries to download and unable to download.

At last I have installed Cloudera in VMware and tried same distribution in Talend. Now I am not getting any compile time error. It seems the issue is with custom distribution.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It seems some of the JARs are missing in your case. Could you please specify the version you are using and the distribution you are trying to connect?

When you are adding the component for the first time, it will list all the required jars at the top of the component tab for that component to execute correctly. Could you please cross check which one is missing there and try to install it again?

Sometimes, if you are having any restrictions to access internet, you will not be able to download the Jars seamlessly. Could you please check above items and let us know your findings with screen shots?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nikhil,

I am using Talend Open Studio for Big Data 7.0.1 version and new to Hadoop, downloaded and configured in windows machine. Hadoop version is 2.7.7 .

Version:

2.7.7, rc1aad84bd27cd79c3d1a7dd53204a8c3ee1ed3ac

NB: I am unable to download some optional packages and tried multiple times all the time download is failing.

Is there any other way to download those packages. I tried using Help->Install Additional Packages.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@xdshi might be having more idea in this area. Adding her to the loop.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you getting some certificate issue when download third-party libraries for your talend open studio for bigdata?

What's JDK version are you using? Oracle JDK 1.8? Please ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

More information will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

First of all thank you for your valuable comments and i have listed my comments below,

1. I am using Oracle JDK 1.8.0 and configured 'bin' path in system environment variables.

2. I have downloaded many packages (both required and optional) by Help-> Install Additional Packages tab.

3. But still some optional packages are there which is unable to download (refer the attached logs and below snapshots).

4. My concern is about the compilation error (mentioned in my topic) which I am getting in tHDFSConnection component and I am not able to see any required library which needs to be download from the same component.

Please share your views on this.

NB: Hope there is no proxy configuration needed, cause I have already downloaded libraries without changing the same.

0683p000009Lzws.jpg0683p000009M0ch.jpgseems this error blocking other package downloads

It seems this error (above) blocking all other library download....
0683p000009M0cm.jpglist of packages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Vibin CT.

error_log_1.txt
error_log_2.txt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Do you have a proxy / firewall? Have you tried to restart your Talend Studio for certain additional packages to take effect?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

I don't have any firewall or proxy and tried by restarting Talend studio multiple times.

I have already downloaded many third party libraries (both required and optional), so will the proxy/firewall affect rest of the libraries?

I have tried the same process in two laptops by using the same Talend version (latest), but no luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Is there any issue with server availability(https://talend-update.talend.com/nexus/) from your side? Are you able to access the URL outside talend?

https://talend-update.talend.com/nexus/content/repositories/libraries/org/talend/libraries/hive-exec...

You can copy and paste URL on your browser and check whether you are able to access it. 

We will appreciate it a lot if you could post Error Log on forum

To show the Error Log view on the tab system, go to Window > Show views, then expand the General node and select Error Log.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

I am able to access those URLs which you provided.

I have downloaded around 70% of the libraries by disabling firewall but failed again and unable to download rest libraries.

Please refer the attached log file for error log.

0683p000009M0dp.jpg0683p000009M0PA.jpg

error_log_final.log