Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

using tAggregate function to get the count of date and boolean columns

Hi -
I am trying to get the count of date and Boolean columns using the tAggregateRow component. However I am unable to get the count and store the value in a BigInt/Integer column in the target. The count function in tAggregateRow components appears to work seamlessly for other columns with different datatypes.
Eg:
TableName
Col1 bigint
Col2 bigint
Col3 Boolean
Col4 Date
Upon doing the count operation in tAggregateRow on Col3 and Col4 i am receiving the below error and null value in my target.
Warning:the operation 'count' for the output column 'Col3' can't be processed because of incompatible input and/or output types

Warning:the operation 'count' for the output column 'Col4' can't be processed because of incompatible input and/or output types
Is there a way to let Talend know that the output of the aggregate value may or maynot be the same datatype as the source and create a output only port to store the value of the aggregate output?
Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 
What's the data type of column that stores the result of count operation? Can you please upload a screenshot of your tAggregateRow settings?
Best regards
Shong