Hands on Set Analysis from the ground up

Last Update:

May 10, 2022 3:17:46 PM

Updated By:

Jamie_Gregory

Created date:

Apr 13, 2021 9:59:20 AM

Attachments

Over the past few weeks I have been trying to answer some forum questions in my spare time. It really hasn't surprised me that about 25% of the questions require some form of Set Analysis. For other questions I can say "Oh just see the help for the ABC() function." But I can't just do that for set analysis because ...

I know that one of the most awesome features of Qlik is that you can do analysis on "sets" of data.

But, I also know that one of the most feared features of Qlik is that you can do analysis on "sets" of data.

By that I mean that you start out seeing these ridiculous, Greek looking, formulas that make no sense at all.

If you are an old pro, that's awesome and you are probably helping answer soooooooo many questions that involve Set Analysis so for that I thank you. If you are new to Qlik, or have been intimidated by this in the past, then this document is for you.

I've attached a hands on workshop to help you learn to understand this amazing feature that Qlik provides. I've also provided a QVF file you can use that is the starting point for the lab. Here is a starting sample:

SetAnalysisTeaser.png

The end of the workshop document contains a lot of links to additional information and offers a cheat sheet that even experience Qlikkies can keep to refer to.

Environment:

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 
Qlik Cloud 
Qlik Sense Business 
QlikView 

Labels (1)
Comments
John3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks Dalton Ruer. 

vikasmahajan

Excellent

AlexPolorotov
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thank you @Dalton_Ruer  ! 
With the same intention, I've created https://qata.io, a Set Analysis Simulator platform for Qlik enthusiasts to build Set Analysis muscles.  

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-05-10 03:17 PM
Updated by: