Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bohravanraj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Geo Analytics - Plotting Data by Postal Code

Hi Guys,

I am trying to Plot Location on Map in Geoanalytics by Postal Code but being unsuccessful.
please let me know if anybody have tried this or have any idea about this.

Regards,

Vanraj Dinesh Bohra

7 Replies
Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello Vanraj,

Could you tell me for which country are you trying to plot postal codes?

So far, we have postal codes areas (polygons) for 19 countries: Argentina, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay

Additionally, we have only datapoints for some other countries.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

bohravanraj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Ana,

I am trying to plot code of Singapore.

Regards,

Vanraj Dinesh Bohra

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Sadly, we don't have postal codes for Singapore.

We are constantly looking for free and reliable data sources to include in Qlik GeoAnalytics location server but for Singapore the access to this information is still paid.

You can acquire the data directly and then load it to your app, here some suppliers:

Licensing of Digitised Land Information

http://www.postalcodes.sg/

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

mss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Do you have an updated list of supported countries by now? Or is it possible for me to look up the information on your website?

Thanks!
mss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Patric,

Thanks for replying!

Is it all also covered in basic Qlik Sense Desktop? 

I'm able to plot the postal code for Germany/France, but not other countries like Austria/Italy etc. So I'm wondering if all EU country postal codes are covered in Qlik Sense Desktop. Or is there a format for me to follow to input the postal code?

Many thanks!

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Is it all also covered in basic Qlik Sense Desktop? 

Yes, Qlik GeoAnalytics and Qlik Sense native mapchart

I'm able to plot the postal code for Germany/France, but not other countries like Austria/Italy etc. So I'm wondering if all EU country postal codes are covered in Qlik Sense Desktop. Or is there a format for me to follow to input the postal code?

Please check the table, the coverage varies by country. Austria and Italy is covered with zip code center points, not areas. There is no universal zip code format, each country has it's own. You can use the QGA connector to download examples of zip codes, as described here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/How-to-improve-the-lookup-accuracy/ta-p/15...

Thanks,

Patric