Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[GeoConnector] Within - Request ran out of memory

Friends,

I have been using the Geo Connector for Qlik Sense. I have applied the Within function with an example and it works without problems, but when I apply to other polygons I get the following error:

land_0-1619535423152.png

I understand that for polygons with more vertices this happens. I have reviewed a 'workaround', which changes the for to make it more efficient but it does not work for me. I also checked about increasing the ram memory in the connector configuration, but it doesn't work either (or in any case, help me on the exact value to place).

Is there any way to correct this error? We have the option of selling the customer a Geo server license but we need to know if this is the solution, we have an environment to replicate in case the solution is this way.

Thanks in advance,

Luis Andrade

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

It's the mapsubstring call that runs out of memory, there is single polygon with to many breakpoints.

I recommend to simplify the areas first.

Another option is to feed the Within operation with areas stored in file instead of inline table.

Thanks,

Patric 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

It's the mapsubstring call that runs out of memory, there is single polygon with to many breakpoints.

I recommend to simplify the areas first.

Another option is to feed the Within operation with areas stored in file instead of inline table.

Thanks,

Patric 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks @Patric_Nordstrom it works through dropbox.