Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niranjana
Creator
Creator

QlikSense Map

Hi

I have two questions:

1) In QlikSense Geo Map, in the dimension of area layer, do the dimensions need to end with  .Name or . Layer to be valid?

2) On clicking a text box in QLIKSENSE, is it possible to show a hovering "details" message/table/window? (i.e. details of sales present in the text box)?

3 Replies
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@niranjana 

1. No, you just need to put the field name in the dimension. You occasionally may have to concate dimensions, ex. County& ', ' & State to get the most accurate location. 

2. Not sure I understand this one? Sounds like you want an info bubble for a text box? Why not just display the info you desire in the text box? 

niranjana
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

1) I pulled the dimension field which is in the form of "Dimension.point". So the resulting map is point layer map.

But I want an area/region map. I have territory codes in form of Q1EADF-New York(for example). But when I pull this field , the map is blank for all layers. Only .point dimension works. So , should it be in the form of .Area or .Name for the map to work?

2) No, instead of and info bubble I want to display a small table like a pop-up. That too only if user clicks on text box. In text box, only one line information is to be shown.(as per the requirement)

Thanks

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

1) So the .Point or .Area comes from when loading KML files, it's just a naming convention for the geometries.

I prefer using a a readable, unique key for the dimension and put the geometry or the location string in the Location expression. The dimension values will be shown in the selection bar when doing selections.

2) A quick way to get a table in the tooltip is to use the chart layer. See sheet "Tooltip table" in https://community.qlik.com/t5/Documents/Top-10-Geo-Tips-QlikWorld-2020/ta-p/1679563

Any chart in the tooltip is on the roadmap, most likely coming later this year.

Thanks,

Patric