Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why I cannot use the same field when loading .kml files?

Hello, Friends

I get a problem when I use two kml files, one is for China provinces, the other one is for China cities.

I think it is interesting but I don't know why. So I come here for help.

The two files have the same format like <Name> for province or city names and <Area> for the area co-ordinates on the map.

When I use province file, field <Name> is OK. The map shows all the provinces with borders well.

But when I use city file, field <Name> is not working well. I have to use field <Area>. But this is not what I want.

So... did someone get this problem before? Can it be solved?

Thank you.

Larry

3 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I would use the data load editor and rename the fields in the load step of the second file.

Alt use the data manager, it will help you renaming fields.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, Patric

Thanks for your reply.

I think I didn't express it clear for the problem.

It is not the same field names I used. It is the map fields which mean province or city names.

for example, there are two kml files.

1st file - Province Map

Province.Name | Province.Area,

Province 1 | 243,3453,234234,23432,234,234,23,4...,

Province 2 | 324,234,234,234,23,44,5,43,45,6,457,65,75...,

and so on.

2nd file - City Map

City.Name | City.Area

City 1 | 23,6,456,45,6657,65,76,876,8,9...,

City 2 | 657,5,7634,6456,347,657,657,3,7653,...,

and so on.

When I load the 1st file, I use Privince.Name for dimension, and the map shows well.

But when I load the 2nd file, I use City.Name for dimension, and the map shows not well.

I have to use the field City.Area as dimension.

That makes the map not to show the city name when I put the cursor on the city on the map.

So I want to know why I cannot use City.Name as the dimension just like the 1st file of province?

Thank you.

Larry

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I would use the City.Area or the Province.Area field in the location measure in the QGA area layer.

If you use City.Name in the dimension most likely the the name is used for lookup against the location db instead of the geometry field.

Thanks,

Patric