Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Qliksense oAuth2 Authentication Support

monajrathi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense oAuth2 Authentication Support

Currently QlikSense doesn't support oAuth2 Authentication mechanism as out of box feature. In order to integrate with other systems there is growing need for oAuth2.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
monajrathi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Support to Vault integration might be required if the new oAuth2 Authentication feature doesn't allow credentials to be part of connection.

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@monajrathi 

I agree, having various kinds of OAuth2 included in Qlik Sense out of the box would be nice.

Lacking that I put together a proof-of-concept just to test the concept, and whether it really was as useful as I imagined it. 

Turns out it works pretty well. I authenticated using my Google account, then used that username in Qlik Sense.

The solution requires a authentication service running somewhere close to your Qlik Sense environment, that service will essentially talk with Google's APIs on one side, and expose an API to Sense on the other side. Works well.

I created a small video showing the concept (the links at the end of the video aren't quite ready yet, give it a few weeks and that should hopefully change):

The plan is to release the tool as open source once I have the time to document and clean it up a bit.

best,

Göran

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @monajrathi 

Thanks for your idea. Going forward, please use one and only one label per idea submission. The labels are used to route ideas to the appropriate product manager and things can get "confused" when there are multiple labels. Please refer to the submission guidelines for more details.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived