cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_shiva2003
Contributor II
Contributor II

Adding jar to Talend component

Can someone please help me how to add a jar to talend component  ? example i need to add jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar to tMSSqlInput component.  I don't want to use tLibraryLoad component to load the jar in the job.

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hello

You can install or replace the jar from Modules view. 

2024-04-02_09-59-02.png

Please try and let me know if you have any other questions/issues.

Regards

Shicong

m_shiva2003
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Shicong. Unfortunately this feature is only replacing the jar. I wan to add a jar. Have you added jar and do you see the installed jars  under that component   or  component showing the new jar added ?

Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hi

Can you clarify why you need to add the jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar to tMSSqlInput component? I checked the Modules view, tMSSqlInput doesn't required this jar to work.

Instead of using tLibraryLoad to load the external jar to the job, you can also do it through Setup codes dependencies.

Regards

Shicong

m_shiva2003
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Shicong, jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar  and  jaxb-runtime-2.3.4.jar  files are required for SQL Server 2019 (AOL / Always-On) connectivity with Java 11 and above. Currently these jars are not included in MSSql* components. 

m_shiva2003
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar  and  jaxb-runtime-2.3.4.jar   required for MS jdbc drivers to connect to SQL Server 2019

Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hello @m_shiva2003 , Thanks for your clarification, this sounds like a development issue. However, I am not a component developer. If you are a Java developer and are interesting in learning how to define the required jar files, take a look at the below section of the tMSSqlInput_java.xml file, the source files of component are located in <studio installation directory>\workspace\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_8.0.1.20211104_0248\components\tMSSqlInput folder.

<CODEGENERATION>
<IMPORTS>
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-jTDS" MODULE="jtds-1.3.1-patch-20190523.jar" MVN="mvn:net.sourceforge.jtds/jtds/1.3.1-patch-20190523" REQUIRED_IF="(DRIVER == 'JTDS') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false')" />
</IMPORTS>
</CODEGENERATION>