Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RIyyappan
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone suggest me how to install talend studio on mac m1 monterey ?

I am able to download the dmg and extract the installer. But installer isnt running

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best way to install on any machine is to get the zip version and just unpack to a folder near the route of your drive. No installation is really needed. Just make sure you have a suitable JDK installed on your Mac. However, in this case I suspect that you do not have a suitable Java version on your machine. This will prevent the installer from working.

You can find Java versions here...

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/installation-guide-open-studio-for-big-data-linux/compatible-java-environments

RIyyappan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have zulu 11 jdk installed on the laptop and there was no issues . i was able to verify the java_home directory and version . But the Talend installer is not launching. Do you have step by step guide for the MAC install

Anonymous
Not applicable

I presume you tested the version using ...

java -version

...and.....

javac -version.

...in the terminal?

The installation should work using the dmg. So could you post a screenshot of what you are getting? It might give some clues.

However, as I said previously, I would simply get a copy of the zip download and unpack that. There really is no need for the installation as it is just a folder structure and list of files that are installed. There are no system modifications required to get the product installed (other than the installation of Java....which you have done).

HB1656607127
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have installed Zulu 11 version and downloaded the Talend version 8 ut when I double click on installation, a blank screen comes up with nothing on it. I have tried everything on the internet please help me install talend on mymac0695b00000Sqy52AAB.png0695b00000Sqy4sAAB.png