Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator

Cannot install component tFileUnarchive ?

Hi

When I try to install component tFileUnarchive, the button is grey, which means I cannot install it.

The version Talend Cloud 7.1.1 with bigdata.

Thanks,

Bin

Labels (3)
7 Replies
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

0683p000009M1vq.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It's an external module required by Talend component tFileUnarchive.

Could you please follow up this online installation guide about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules to install it for your Studio to functional properly?

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina

Thank you for reply. 

I follow the instruction in the link:

1. "If the Modules view is not shown under your design workspace, go to Window > Show View... > Talend and then select Modules from the list. "

2. I turn off proxy settings, it makes one step further. I can click "Download and Install" . However, after I click it, nothing happens!

0683p000009M1xq.jpg

Any thought on what's going on.

Thanks,

Bin 

wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

I manage to install it in a very strange way.

1. I search ant.jar in installed Talend Studio directory, and I find it.

/cygdrive/c/Talend
$ find Talend-Studio-20181026_1147-V7.1.1 -name ant.jar
Talend-Studio-20181026_1147-V7.1.1/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.9.2.v201404171502/lib/ant.jar
Talend-Studio-20181026_1147-V7.1.1/plugins/org.talend.designer.brms_7.1.1.20181026_1147/lib/ant.jar
Talend-Studio-20181026_1147-V7.1.1/plugins/org.talend.libraries.apache_7.1.1.20181026_1147/lib/ant.jar

2. Then I click Action window and point to the first file, and Talend Studio is happy to install it. Everything is fine after that. I'm not sure why it cannot search its own library first.  

Thanks,

Bin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Perhaps, you have already downloaded and automatically installed this external module using the wizard provided by your Talend Studio.

Best regards

Sabrina

wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina

My trick makes it worse. Talend Studio starts showing many errors.

Then I install Talend Studio into new directory. Nothing works.

I try to install additional package. It fails without any error message.

In the end, I raised a case with Talend Support, and the response is  "the site for downloading libraries is not accessible."

There should be an outage page for the downloading site.

Thanks,

Bin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Installing external libraries into studio automatically is still not working now. So far, more work is required to have talend-update.talend.com working properly. 

The last issue which remains is near to be addressed. A team of people from Talend worked actively on producing a solution to get rid of the situation. We’ll keep you posted. 

Have a try to install it manually from Talend Modules view, download this jar from nexus server and then install it from Talend Modules view?

Very sorry for this inconvenience!

Best regards

Sabrina