Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diwash
Contributor II
Contributor II

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.ByteBuffer.position(I)Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;

Hi, 

I am migrating few projects from V 7.3.1 to V8. The jobs are running fine in prod since a year or more in V7 but however, migrating to V8, I came across this issue while dealing with a copybook file in thmap in Big data job. For a fixed length file, it has no issue, but for a data segment with occurrences , I am facing this issue.

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.ByteBuffer.position(I)Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;

Please advise!

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Could you please let us know what Java version are you using when migrating few projects from V 7.3.1 to V8?

Best regards

Sabrina

Diwash
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabrina, 

For V7: We are using Java 8
For V8: We are using Java 11

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

A NoSuchMethodError typically is an indication for a mismatch of the Java version used to compile some code, and the Java version used for running it: some method existed at compile time, but it’s not available at runtime.

Is your JDK Compiler compliance level set to 1.8 (under Project Settings > Build > Java Version) for both studio 7 and 8?

Best regards

Sabrina

Diwash
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabrina, 

I can confirm you that both V7 and V8 JDK Compiler compliance level set to 1.8 and the server where the standalone jars run has also same JDK.