Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Configure to use a JVM

Greetings,
I'm running on a 64-bit Win 7 platform with both Java 7 & 8 installed. As I don't want to change the default JAVA_HOME to point to Java 7, I need to configure Open Studio (64-bit) so that it points to the Java 7 installation upon start up. The documentation isn't clear as to what file to use. I don't want to set the default eclipse installation to the Java 7 environment so I want a solution (.ini file?) that only points Talend to the Java 7 installation.
Regards, 
David

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you tried set -vm in TOS_DI-win32-x86.ini or TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file?
Such as:
  -vm
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7\bin\javaw.exe
It force talend studio to use JDK 7.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sabrina,
First, in my configuration folder, I only have a config.ini file, not a TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file. Do I have to rename the config.ini file?
I've uploaded the config.ini file as config.ini.txt_20140814-1741.txt.
Are you also telling me that config.ini should become the file TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini and should be what I've uploaded as TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini.txt.txt ?
Regards,
David
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You don't have TOS_DI-win32-x86.ini or TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file located in your Talend Studio installation path?
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MEkO.png 0683p000009MEkT.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

C:\Users\zki0j7e\Documents\jre7\bin\java.exe work . Please suggest. I don't have jdk on my system whereas have jre.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Starting from verison 6.0, a JDK installation is required to build jobs instead of JRE.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have installe talend 7 on my computer and i configure jdk1.8.0_192 and jre1.8.0_192 in path.
my OS is Win 10.
i have this error when starting one job in this studio talend.
Please help me but i don't understand the origine error.

error_exec_job.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unlike previous releases of the product, the Sun Java System Web Server 6.1 no longer supports the standalone Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Instead, JDK 1.4.1 or higher is a pre-requisite for the server. When you install the server, if you select the default JDK option ,Java Development Kit (JDK) version 1.4.1_03 is installed in the <server-root>/bin/https/jdk directory.

You can configure Java Virtual Machine (JVM) settings for your server instance. These settings include the location of your Java home, compiler options, debugging options, and profiler information. One reason to configure these settings is to improve performance.