Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrancoisSmfy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Context environnement in Talend Cloud

Hy,

I'm currently searching information about the Talend Cloud solution, and I have a question about the "context environnement".

When we create a context group in the Studio, we can define "environnement" in it, that we can chose when we execute the job in the Studio, or when we publish it with the Talend Enteprise.

In Talend Cloud, when we choose "Publish to Cloud", there isn't the possibility to select this "context environnement". Is it possible de choose the desired "context environnement" in the TMC, by creating "TMC Environnement" with the same name ?

There is no information about it in the Helper, only this page in the community ( https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Talend-Cloud-Contextualization/ta-p/139077 ), but the screenshots are not up to date, so I don't know if it still works.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jgillmanjr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Francois,

I stumbled on this thread trying to figure out how to select which context to use myself since we're looking to transition from on-prem to cloud.

From everything I can tell, the context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in TMC (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

I think that's kind of annoying, but it is what it is.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this online documentation helps?

https://help.talend.com/reader/v8tAQEmbr4e58zv_BB3Myg/hqDoSiUeEFiMTzs9hJe~9w

Best regards

Sabrina

FrancoisSmfy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello. I may don't understand english well enough, but I don't find an explicite reference of that I'm asking in this documentation.

The only one I found was the link I post above, but as the interface has change and that the official documentation does'nt seem to talk about it, I not sure of if it works. I don't have the solution to test it in real condition, the Cloud trial version does not allow to connect the Studio).

Nobody here can confirm (or invalidate) if context group name as environement name works between Talend Studio and Talend Management Console ?

jgillmanjr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Francois,

I stumbled on this thread trying to figure out how to select which context to use myself since we're looking to transition from on-prem to cloud.

From everything I can tell, the context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in TMC (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

I think that's kind of annoying, but it is what it is.

FrancoisSmfy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks foor sharing 🙂