Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error - Talend DI Start up

Hi,

I am trying to use Talend open source DI studio v6.5.1 but unable to do the start up. it shows many errors as attached.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

/As

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah, I believe your version of Java may be the problem....is probably the problem actually. Take a look here: https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Installer-for-TOS-DI-does-not-work-on-Windo...

I noticed you are using Java 9. Can you go to Java 8?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What machine are you running this on and what executable are you using to run it. I am seeing a load of errors involving macosx components, but you appear to be running with Windows JVM arguments.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I used to run with Windows 10 environment. And used TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe to invoke talend. this exe is part of open source DI TOS_DI-20180116_1512-V6.5.1 setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah, I believe your version of Java may be the problem....is probably the problem actually. Take a look here: https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Installer-for-TOS-DI-does-not-work-on-Windo...

I noticed you are using Java 9. Can you go to Java 8?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did trying that solve your problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

Let me try with Java 8 and will let you know.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I installed Java 8 but it got installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java folder and not on C:\Program Files \Java folder. so C:\Program Files\Java still has Java 9. In JAVA_HOME i pointed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java folder but still in log it pointed out to Java 9. not sure why ?

I unzipped the Talend DI open source folder in C Drive.

Please guide.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to ensure that Java 8 is pointed to in your PATH environment variable. To test if it is your default Java installation, open a terminal/command line and type "java -version". It will tell you which version is installed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did the above work?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I uninstalled Java 9 and installed java 8 which is atleast helping to start talend open source. 

Thanks again for your advice.