Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Executing remote programs

I have a an exe that sits on a remote PC. As a part of Talend DI job I want to run the exe on the remote machine by passing parameters to it. How do I do that? I tried using tSystem component and by specifying Home Directory as "//remoteServerName/d$/Application" and Command as "myApp.exe -F Parameters"
Please could someone let me know if that is the right way of doing things. Because it doesn't seem to work. Error is cannot find myApp.exe on //remoteServerName/d$/Application
Thanks,
Prasad
Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to use telnet or ssh to do this. Simply pointing to the exe on a remote machine and running it will run it in the memory of the machine your Talend job is running on (if it works at all). Using telnet and ssh with Talend is very easy and there are several questions about it on here I believe. You need to look along those lines.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks let me search on those lines. I thought it would not run the exe the I was using it unless of course it allowed me to specify to run using remote context which tSystem doesn't