Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenG
Partner - Contributor III

First opening of anything in Talend Studio takes about 5 minutes (after updating to R2023-01)

Hi,

we are facing a strange situation. After updateting Talend Studio to the current version R2023-01.

Starting Talend and opening a Project is no problem. After its open and we select any object (job, retrieve schema...) it takes about 5 minutes until it opens.

But its only one time, after the first object was open everything is working well.

We are facing this on every machine we have Talend Studio installed.

Anyone facing the same or has a solution?

Cheers

Ben

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I think we should try to understand what happens in that ~5 minutes. You can look behind the curtains with the help of VisualVM: https://community.talend.com/s/article/Using-VisualVM-to-record-Java-Issues

With this recording if you're lucky enough you can spot yourself the function module that takes the most time. If not feel free to raise it as a support ticket for further evaluation.

Regards,

Balázs

BenG
Author

Thank you I will investigate further.

BenG
Author

Hi,

So investigatin more it seems that the staging view is causing the slow reacting of the Studio. Every time I change something the "refreshing unstaging view" is taking a while after this has finished I can move on.

If I close the tab "Talend Git Staging" its working fluent.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

I just tested in Studio 8 connects project by TMC.

These are steps what i did :

1: Migrated the Studio 8 to patch R2023-01

2:Open project and modify one project in Studio

3:Save the project and push to remote, it only takes 2-5 seconds.0695b00000dcoffAAA.gifPlease check:

1: Are the steps same as yours?

2: Is there performance issue in Studio server?

3:Is the same issue if only test in simple job?

4: Is the issue in Studio 8.0.1 ?

5: Is the issue happened at all the Studio or only this Studio?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @Benjamin Gnädig​ Can you please raise case to Talend technical support team to investigate the issue and support you? Thanks