Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting 401 authorization error in studio when retriving remote projects

Hi, all

I got an error when starting studio on a remote connection. This happens after selecting a remote TAC connection and an existing project. From the Studio log, I see below:

!STACK 0
org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.TransportException: http://user_id@xxxx:6990/atlassian-stash/scm/***/talend.git: 401 Authorization Required
 at org.eclipse.jgit.api.FetchCommand.call(FetchCommand.java:135)
 at org.eclipse.jgit.api.CloneCommand.fetch(CloneCommand.java:203)
 at org.eclipse.jgit.api.CloneCommand.call(CloneCommand.java:136)
 at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.core.GitHandler.clone(GitHandler.java:2078)
 at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.core.GitBaseRepositoryFactory.initProjectRepository(GitBaseRepositoryFactory.java:239)
 at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.initProjectRepository(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:1744)
 at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:363)
 at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:292)
 at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1926)
 at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper$1.run(LoginHelper.java:528)
 at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

However, it doesn't seem to be authorization issue since I test "git clone" command with the same url in tSystem and it worked fine.

Could you provide any hints that may cause this issue?

Thank you

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @JeromeZ 

We need more information to address your issue.

Did you define your git project in TAC? A user ( eg.admin@company.com ) defined in TAC that is allowed to access this project?

Have you already checked out the project from TAC (git)?

Many thanks.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, xdshi

Did you define your git project in TAC? yes, I did and it is displayed in Studio

0683p000009M4Ur.png

A user ( eg.admin@company.com ) defined in TAC that is allowed to access this project? yes. the id is used to connect to TAC from Studio. and therefore we get the above picture

Have you already checked out the project from TAC (git)? I'm not sure what you mean. however, the error occurs when clicking on "finish" in the above picture

0683p000009M4Uw.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Have you tried to update password on TAC side , use the correct one and re-launch studio to see if it works?

With your subscription solution, could you please create a case on talend support portal so that we could give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is kerberos connection and there is no password needed. We are doing a POC so no subscription

preddy79
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ive similar issue but with regular authentication. TAC url works in browser but in studio i get 401 error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

On which talend build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina