Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Monitor a job from another job in talendopenstudio 5.3.1version

Hi all,i am beginer to talend and i am facing issue in my project.
Issue:
How to schedule a job for  run every 10 seconds and it monitor another job .
It display output as status of another job which means the job is currently running display output as Job Is Running otherwise display output as Job Is Not Running.
I am currently working with Talend open studio 5.3.1 version.
can anyone suggest and help me to solve my issue.
Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is not really a Talend question. There are lots of approaches you could take.
If you're using a Job scheduler to run the Job, then it is likely within the capability of the scheduler to manage this for you.
If you're simply running the Job from the command line, then your second Job could monitor the OS process table, looking for a specific Java program that is running.
You could also have the Job provide some sort of heartbeat. Updating a text file or database, for example.
You could also monitor the stats/logs from your running Job. And so on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
[size=2][font="Calibri",sans-serif]With Talend Open Studio, you can export the job script, and then schedule it with third scheduler tool, such as, windows scheduler or cron job on unix.[/font][/size]
[size=2][font="Calibri",sans-serif]Best regards[/font][/size]
[size=2][font="Calibri",sans-serif]Sabrina[/font][/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, tal00000 can you elobrate your solution in detail and give some sample screenshots regarding my issue please
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Here is a related forum with use case about monitoring a job from another job in talend open source.
thread

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks,Sabrina  for your valuable suggestions.it helps me to solve my issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Great it can help you. Could you please mark this topic as resolved if your issue is fixed?
Best regards
Sabrina