Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installing 32bit Talend on a 64bit machine to use a 32bit ODBC data source

Hello!

I'm trying to connect to a 32bit ODBC data source using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (6.5), however am experiencing issues.

I believe this is due to using a 64bit version of TOS (despite having the project configured to use 32bit JRE), however every download or install I try from the site, the 32bit executable is not present, can anyone advise how to download a version containing the 32bit TOS executable?

Thanks,

Harry

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Generic ODBC is deprecated in 6.0 since java 8 not support it any more.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for your quick response.

Perhaps I'm confusing ODBC with JDBC as I have some existing 6.5 projects which connect to an ODBC datasource, perhaps via JDBC.

I still cannot obtain 32bit TOS for Data Integration however, every exe or zip I try doesnt install or contain the 32bit exe.

Interestingly the 32bit installer does install a shortcut in the start menu for the 32bit exe, but when trying to launch it, it is not found.

Do you have a link to a zip containing both versions for the January release?

Thanks,

Harry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We do not package a 32 bit executable for starting the studio anymore.  Talend is supporting only the 64 bit version. That's why only the 64 bit executable for starting the studio is provided.  This is because a lot of the third party libraries in the studio runs on 64-bit Java.  Hence, 32-bit becomes tricky if a lot of the dependencies are 64-bit java jars.

That's the reason you do not see it.

We have recommended customers in the past to use https://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/index.html

You can check it out.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Irshad