Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
czuriaga
Contributor
Contributor

Talend DI startup error on Mac

I've downloaded Talend DI 7.0.1 for Mac, and it freezes in the first license agreement screen. My System is MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4, with Java 1.8_172.

I've also tried with older Talend DI versions I had in notebooks (6.4.1, 6.5.1), and different Java versions (1.8_152, 1.7, Java 10), but always freezes in the first screen (license screen with is a new installation, or the project selection screen for older versions)

The log at workspace/.metadata/.log says

!SESSION 2018-04-22 14:33:53.798 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_172

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=es_ES

Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/czuriaga/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/czuriaga/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.compare.win32 4 0 2018-04-22 14:33:54.589

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.compare.win32 [226]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=win32)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Any idea about how to solve this issue?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please check this jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888 to see if the solution mentioned in comments works for you?

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please check this jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888 to see if the solution mentioned in comments works for you?

Best regards

Sabrina

czuriaga
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Solved!!

I had tried different JDK's (1.8_152, 1.8_172, Java 10), and different Talend DI versions (7.0.1, 5.5.1, 5.4.1), but nothing worked

Following that jira issue, I've installed JDK 1.8_151.

Only setting the environment variable JAVA_HOME to this new version, is not enough. Adding a -vm option in TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.ini does not work.

I have had to modify the     TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/Info.plist    adding a line to force the JDK 1.8_151

<key>Eclipse</key>

<array>

<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>

</array>

Thank you very much for your help!

czuriaga
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Solved!!

I had tried different JDK's (1.8_152, 1.8_172, Java 10), and different Talend DI versions (7.0.1, 5.5.1, 5.4.1), but nothing worked

Following that jira issue, I've installed JDK 1.8_151.

Only setting the environment variable JAVA_HOME to this new version, is not enough. Adding a -vm option in TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.ini does not work.

I have had to modify the TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/Info.plist adding a line to force the JDK 1.8_151

<key>Eclipse</key>
<array>
<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>
</array>

Thank you very much for your help!