Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installing TalendToolsStudio on Sierra

My OS: macOS High Sierra ver 10.13.1

Installing: TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1

Always getting the same error:

------

Error copying file from /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/SSLKeystore to /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOS0683p000009MACJ.pngestination not writable

------

Thanks for you replies

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

So far, OSX High Sierra (10.13.1) is not in the supported list of compatible Operation System, that means we did not do any testing on OSX High Sierra (10.13.1). Have you tried to install studio on a supported OS to see if it works?

Please have a look at this online document about: TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems

Here is the related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you using talend installer to install your studio? Can you manually create folder /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app to see if the installation can be done successfully?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Indeed

mkdir /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents

helped to finish the installation but then impossible to start the application.

/Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app

Double-click on  generates an error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

So far, OSX High Sierra (10.13.1) is not in the supported list of compatible Operation System, that means we did not do any testing on OSX High Sierra (10.13.1). Have you tried to install studio on a supported OS to see if it works?

Please have a look at this online document about: TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems

Here is the related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer, i was struggling for nothing ;(
Works obviously for Sierra 10.12 but not for 10.13 ...
Thanks anyway
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I also ran into the same error message when trying to install on macOS 10.13.2.

error copying file from /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/SSLKeystore to /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-studio-mocosx-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOS :Destionation not writable

Anyone have any tricks to successfully install on macOS 10.13 ? 

Also, it looks like the Jira ticket for this thread is more related to a JVM issue after install. This error message above is specific to the install on macOS 10.13. Should it be treated in a separate Jira ticket?

I've attached the bitrock_installer logs produced when running the installer on my mac. The error message is triggered once the "Unpacking files" stage is reached. 

Thanks!

-Josh

bitrock_installer_log.txt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So far, supported compatible platform for MAC are OS X 10.12 Sierra, OS X 10.11 El Capitan and OS X 10.10 Yosemite on talend studio V 6.4.1

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How come this was marked as a solution?

Anyway, same problem with me. I have MacOS High Sierra 10.3.3 and trying to install Talend Studio 6.4.1.

After getting the same problem of cannot copy Keystore to the .app folder, I created the folder manually and continued installing.

mkdir -p Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOS

However, when I try running app I'm getting

You can’t open the application “Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa” because it may be damaged or incomplete.

BTW, java version is  1.8.0_66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am also facing same issue. So can someone please provide a solution here?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you can get access to the ZIP package instead of the OSX installer, just use the ZIP package.

Extract it, then run xattr on the folder:

xattr -c Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app

What I'm not sure is which Java version works. Mine is 1.8.0_66, and I am able to open up the Studio.