Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBS1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue while switching between different branches in talend

Hi

I am having two branches in GIT repo as DEV1 and DEV2.

I was creating all the jobs in DEV1 branch in Talend Studio and was pushing to DEV1 branch in GIT repo.

There was a requirement that I need to have only few jobs to be pushed to DEV2 GIT repo. So, I have opened the Talend Studio and in branch I have selected as DEV2. Once the studio is opened, I have used the option "Copy from branch" to copy the necessary jobs.

But now when I am opening the branch DEV1, I am only seeing the jobs copied to DEV2 and the other jobs are missing.

Please help in resolving this issue.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

​@Dhanoop B S​ I checked with our developer and was told that this is abnormal behavior, it seems like a bug. Open <studio installation directory>/workspace/project_name_folder/process folder and check if the job items exist? At the same time, I suggest you to raise a ticket with details to our support team, they will investigate it further.

Regards

Shong

DBS1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Shicong Hong​ 

Thanks for the reply.

Is it the problem with the workspace I am using?

I could see that the process folder is just having the job items I have copied.

While using DEV1 and DEV2 GIT repos under the same project, I have tried using separate workspace in Talend Studio. In this way, I am able to see set of jobs from each individual repos while connecting to their specific branches in talend.

Could you please let me know if the approach is fine?

Thanks