Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSusi1604589446
Contributor
Contributor

JVM Error Converting CSV - All Jobs - Talend 7.3.1

I am trying to convert a large XML file (82GB) into a CSV file for purpose of utilizing and analyzing it in Hadoop. When trying to convert the file however it continues to complain about my Java installation. I have removed and reinstalled the JDK and tried Zulu and Oracle versions without success. I tried the solutions in the community forums but have had no success.

Would anyone be able to highlight what I might be missing? I appreciate any and all help.

For reference;

Windows 64 Bit Professional

Java Installed: Oracle JAVA JDK 11.0.9

Talend Installed: 7.3.1

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

CommunityOwnedDate seems to be defined somewhere on your component, can you confirm you add it with double quote on the tfileinputXML ?

Can you tell use where is defined CommunityOwnedDate ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please type Java -version in cmd to make sure the java environment has been already set correctly in your PC.

Best regards

Sabrina

MSusi1604589446
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for the comments. I ended up removing all versions and paths of JAVA and reinstalling JDK11 fresh while also manually setting the Java Home path. The conversion now runs but returns 0 rows despite limit being set to -1 and all get nodes being selected.

CommunityOwnedDate is one of the columns from the XML defined as "CommunityOwnedDate" in the XPath.

When the code runs, no errors occur and the operation takes around 15 minutes before completing and producing an empty CSV with no rows returned.

Is there something I may have missed in my settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ca you send use a screenshot of the component ?

MSusi1604589446
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Attached here! First screenshot is a sample of rows from the XML. If I can add anything else, please let me know.

0693p00000AGyO2AAL.png0693p00000AGyNnAAL.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please try to use tLogrow to print result into console for testing only to see if you set xpath query and mapping correctly?

The work flow looks like: tfileinputxml-->tlogrow

Best regards

Sabrina