Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yukeer
Contributor
Contributor

Migration PostgreSQL 9 to 12

Hi,

we're currently facing an issue on the database source.

We made a migration from PostgreSQL 9.6 to 12.7. However, our Talend batch does not seem to work anymore. It shows this error during the database connection attempt :

Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_2

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Les serveurs de version antérieure à 8.0 ne supportent pas les savepoints.

at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.rollback(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:165)

I tried in tPostgresqlConnection to modify the DB Version from "Prior to v9" to "9.X" but it does nothing.

Would it be possible that Talend does not recognize the recent version of PostgreSQL ?

Any other hints to solve the issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update 1: When I disable savepoints in tPostgresqlOutput_2, it shows a new error :

Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_2

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERREUR: la transaction est annulée, les commandes sont ignorées jusqu'à la fin du bloc

de la transaction

(commands ignored until end of transaction block)

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is online documentation for talend open studio Data Integration 8.0 about: TalendHelpCenter: Supported Third-Party System/Database/Business Application Versions

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jan_terje
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Yukeer,

If you are on an old version of Talend, it is very likely that the version of Talend is the cause for this problem.

I've been using Talend 7.3 and 8.0 with PostgreSQL 13, and I'm currently using PostgreSQL 14 with Talend 8.0.

Upgrading Talend is probably your only option.

BR,

Jan Terje

Yukeer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is online documentation for talend open studio Data Integration 8.0 about: TalendHelpCenter: Supported Third-Party System/Database/Business Application Versions

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

Yukeer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, thank you for answering.

According to the doc, I assume that 8.0 is required to use PostgreSQL 12 (12.1 at least).