Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Ruiz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Module not updating on restart

Hello,

I'm trying to update the hive-exec-2.1.1-cdh6.3.2 module to hive-exec-shade-2.1.1-cdh6.3.2-talend-1.1.

0695b00000WvIClAAN.png

I change the Maven URI and seems to be working ok.

0695b00000WvIDyAAN.png

But when I restart, the module goes back the way it was before and the newly installed jar goes to an unknown module.

0695b00000WvIEcAAN.png

0695b00000WvIEhAAN.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
J_Ruiz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Little update.

It DOES update, but the studio generates a new maven uri for this module as an encryption key, therefore overriding the prior. How do I stop this from happening?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Unfortunately I don't have an answer but would like to explain how these UI changes are stored / managed.

Inside the workspace there's a .settings folder that holds a custom_uri_mapping.json file. This is the file that stores all the overrides.

I'm afraid here you end up storing the encrypted password in the maven URL and as that changes it invalidates your previous changes. During the pom generation this key-value list is used to substitute uris.

With Talend 8 there was an option to exclude these jars and rely on the jars provided by the cluster. I'd explore in this direction. (I'm not sure how can this be enabled.)

I think this behaviour deserves a support ticket as likely this re-encryption of the password in the URL is something we should do only if necessary.

J_Ruiz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the answer.

Mind telling the exact route? I've searched on \studio\configuration\.settings but there is no such file.0695b00000WvJ3QAAV.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This file is under your workspace, meaning it can be different for every branch of every project.

J_Ruiz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Got it, thanks.