Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SFreeston30303030
Contributor
Contributor

Question about installing Talend Open Studio for Data Integration v8.0.1 (TOS_DI-20211109_1610-V8.0.1-windows-installer.exe). We have error "Incompatible JVM" on launch and launch fails.

Hello

We have downloaded Talend Open Studio for Data Integration v8.0.1 (TOS_DI-20211109_1610-V8.0.1-windows-installer.exe) and have attempted to install it on a windows 10 22H2 machine. It installs but when we try to launch it, we receive this error, and it fails to open.

0695b00000nSofuAAC.png

Can you send me the prerequisite files I need to install to get this to work? I installed the latest version of JRE v8 32bit and 64bit but that gets the same error. I couldn't find a JRE v11.

Thanks

Stuart

Labels (4)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For v8 of Talend products, JDK 11 is required instead of JDK 1.8. Please ensure proper version of JDK is installed.

For more information please refer to this online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Java Environments

Best regards

Sabrina

SFreeston30303030
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Feel free to let us know if it works for your studio V 8.0.1 when you use JDK 11.

Best regards

Sabrina

SFreeston30303030
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you.

Would this also work if I installed JDK v17? Or does it need only JDK v11?

SFreeston30303030
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It seems to run with JDK v17, thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is online documentation about:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/installation-guide-windows/compatible-java-environments

So far, JDK 17 is not list in the compaible java environments officially.

In the documentation we provide a list of java envirnments that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) java environments will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina