Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BendingUnit22
Contributor
Contributor

RHEL8 OS user setup for Talend services

I was wondering about user setup on RHEL 8 for the various services Talend will use. The install documentation does not really cover this that I found. To install Tomcat9 you would want a system user without login rights to own the install directory and run the service at startup. Same for a local MySQL database backend. To keep things simple only the TAC and Nexus would be installed. There would also be a remote Job Server on another server.

Since the TAC via tomcat runs under this system user how would you go about these additional setup items.

• Generate the SSH keys for a remote GitLab that is setup in the TAC.

• In the configuration page: paths for Job Conductor and Logs.

• Other than the Nexus3 war file in the web-inf directory, install the binaries and service to start it.

I thought maybe a “talend” user that would run and own all the directories / services. Make a directory outside of the tomcat application for Nexus and the logs.

Keeping it simple on the job server. Would make the same user and run the job server under it. I would use the TAC for the authentication not the csv. Then make another directory that would hold all the job, log, tmap temp, and other files used.

Just trying to get my head around the OS and directory setup before I get going.

Any thoughts or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you taken a look at the documentation here?

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/installation-guide-data-integration-linux/talend-open-studio-for-data-integrationtalend-open-studio-for-big-datatalend-open-studio-for-esbtalend-open-studio-for-data-qualitytalend-open-studio-for-mdmtalend-data-integrationtalend-big-datatalend-esbtalend-data-management-platformtalend-big-data-platformtalend-data-services-platformtalend-real-time-big-data-platformtalend-mdm-platformtalend-data-fabrictalend-cloud-prerequisites

Take a look and if you have any further questions, it may be best to raise a support case.