Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fab1
Contributor
Contributor

UI Error on 7.4.1M11 and 8.0.1M12

Hello,

Since 7.4.1M11 (and 8.0.1M12) Talend Open Studio don't work correctly, many issue on ui desktop :

• Preference menu error messages
  • Designer workspace is full dark
  • no palette available

I'm working on W10 with Zulu OpenJDK11.

However version 7.4.1M10 work correctly.

tks for your help.

Fab

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As milestone version is used for testing only, could you please take a testing on the latest released version V 8.0.1 to see if this GUI issue still repro?

You can download talend open studio for Data Integration from here

Best regards

Sabrina

Fab1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina, tks for you reply.

I just do some tests on 8.0.1M12.

I can also confirm the same issue on 8.0.1.20211109_1610 version.

I'm not sure that updates R2021-12 and R2022-01 is related to my topic so that's the reason why i give my feedback.

KR,

Fab

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Fabien LANDRY​,

Thanks for raising these issues. As @Xiaodi Shi​ said, the milestone releases are expected to have a few issues. However, the issue you are pointing out in 8.0.1.20211109_1610 is a different matter. Can you give a bit more information on this? Is this what you see every time you try to load a job? You are using Windows 10, right? Do you have more than one JDK on your machine?

I have been using 8.0.1 for a while now and have never experienced this issue. I am using a Mac, so that is different to you. However, I know of many people using different versions of Windows and Linux who have not raised this with me. If you think there is something unusual about your machine config that could give us a way of recreating this, it would be really useful.

Regards

Richard

Fab1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Richard,

Yes W10 and Zulu OpenJDK 11 and yes issue come every time i load a job.

As explain in my first post, some Preferences menu cause error message.

I can also tell you, i try to install V7.4.1M10 and these issues don't appear, may be something different since V7.4.1M11.

You can see in img3.png 2 issues, first one in org.eclipse.equinox.registry when i open Preferences/Java/Installed JRE and the second one org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench when i open a job.

Something specific on my machine, i have a 1.8 java version for using TOS 7.0.1.

I install in second time Zulu openJDK11 for using 7.4.1.

Create or opening a job work well before 7.4.1M11 version.

KR,

Fab

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, let me raise this with the team to see if anyone here can reproduce this.

Fab1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I found something when trying on a second PC W11 and AdoptopenJDK 11, V8.0.1 run.

I desinstall Zulu JDK11 and reinstall AdoptOpenJDK on my first PC and it run too !

So Zulu JDK11 don't run since V7.4.1M11 on my PC, that's all.

tks to all.

Fab

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been speaking to a few other TOS users on Windows and *may* have an answer. I use a Mac so I don't hit this problem and many Windows users won't hit this problem if they install the product close to the root of the drive they install to. It turns out (to be frank, I did know this but forgot) that Windows imposes a 255 file path limit for some reason. There are lots of nested folders in the Eclipse/Talend installation. As such, if you have the product installed within a folder that has a long path beneath it, you will get errors in how the product functions.

Can you move your installation to a folder that is closer to the root of the drive and try this again? Please let me know if this does not work.

Fab1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Richard,

As explain in my previous post, i found solution by replacing Zulu OpenJDK 11 by AdoptOpenJDK 11.

TOS 8.0.1 work correctly on Win10 and Win11.

KR,

Fabien

Fab1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Zulu openJDK 11 run V7.4.1M10 but don't work with version after on my Windows 10.