Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove old installation for clean (re)install Talend MDM

Dear community,

As a beginner with no experience with Talend I have to (re)install Talend MDM (and Open Studio) on an Ubuntu 16.04 server. The problem is that the MDM portal (via port 8180) can not be found (error 404). Right now one and a half  (seperate users) failed installations exists and tried the uninstaller.jar but no success, could not find any related software within the software list at Ubuntu and the installation guide only seem to describe the happy flow. I am a bit lost. Is there someone in this community with experience of removing Taland MDM (and Open Studio) and then installing both the proper way? 

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Community, xdshi,

Problem totally solved. A total clean of former (partially) installations are not done without killing running processes. When this one was killed and the webserver started again I directly got my Talend MDM portal.

Thanks alot for support and kind regards!

Aad Dijksman

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

What's the error message are you getting when you try to use uninstaller.jar?

Have you tried to run the install process again, and set the target dir to another, remove the original directory to see if it is OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

xdshi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did as you said, running into next problem. Tomcat webserver started but webserver (localhost:8080) as Talend (localhost:8180) are not reachable (http-404). Java 1.8.171 is installed. I will search the community for similar topics / problems I run into, but I am always open for advice overhere.

Kind regards,

aaddijksman

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Is your URL correct? The format of MDM web UI URL should be:http://IP: port/talendmdm/ui. Are you able to change the default ports used by MDM server in Tomcat?

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Changing the default ports used by the MDM server in Tomcat

Feel free to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Community, xdshi,

Problem is partly solved, there were still some issues regarding former installations. We cleaned the whole server and did a proper install, but now we are facing the fact that port 8180 is listening (java) but not showing Talend MDM. When reaching for port 7180 (also java) we see Cloudera Manager so it seems to work, but not for port 8180. I will try the other port sets but I think there is something else influencing this issue.

Thanks in advance for thinking along and kind regards,

Aad Dijksman 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Community, xdshi,

Problem totally solved. A total clean of former (partially) installations are not done without killing running processes. When this one was killed and the webserver started again I directly got my Talend MDM portal.

Thanks alot for support and kind regards!

Aad Dijksman

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Great this issue has been fixed. Thanks for sharing your solution with us on forum.

Best regards

Sabrina