Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DELGAZ_SORINVICTORRUSU

SAP Connection not available in Talend Open Studio

Hi everyone,

I am doing a fresh install on my enterprise laptop of Talend Open Data Studio, 7.3, downloaded from SourceForge [TOS_DI-Win32-20200219_1130-V7.3.1]

My machine is running on 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, with Java JDK 1.8 as the JVM and TOS installs and runs successfully.

I then installed all the [hundreds] third-party packages and [3800+] optional packages via the TOS / Help / Install Additional Packages interface

However after everything installs, I see no SAP Connection in the Metadata Section.

Reading this article - https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/sap/checking-version-of-sap-java-connector-note I got the latest 3.15 JCO drivers from the SAP marketplace, and I configured my machine with the SAP JCO 3.15 64-bit client:

• added the JCO install directory to Path
  • installed the VCREDISTR 2013 for x64 as per SAP JCO instructions
  • added the JAR through TOS

The interface in TOS still shows no reference to SAP, neither in Metadata section, nor any SAP-specific inputs/outputs in the Palette for a new JOB.

I am lost - is there or isn't there support for setting up a SAP connection in Talend Open Studio?!?

Sample images bellow with the installed SAP modules from the Talend repo, as well as the JCO and some info for my machine running the software

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is no support for SAP metadata connection in talend open solution.

Since version 6.0, the SAP components(tSAPInput, tSAPOutput) have been removed from Talend Open Studio.

We have published open source SAP components on Talend Exchange officially. You can download tSapInput and tSapOut components freely from Talend Exchange Portal and install them into your open studio.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is no support for SAP metadata connection in talend open solution.

Since version 6.0, the SAP components(tSAPInput, tSAPOutput) have been removed from Talend Open Studio.

We have published open source SAP components on Talend Exchange officially. You can download tSapInput and tSapOut components freely from Talend Exchange Portal and install them into your open studio.

Best regards

Sabrina

varun1949
Contributor III
Contributor III

Alternatively you can write java code and make a file at the end and then read from that file with talend , I'm also searching the utility for java