Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sandbox installation, Virtual Machine

I tried to install the trial version  - I am having issues.
I plan on using CDH (Cloudera distribution) - I am running Mac and per instructions in the CDH Cookbook - I could use VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox (Oracle) for Mac - I am using VirtualBox. The instructions ask to look for 2 files in the download  
Section 1.1.2 (cookbook documentation).
1. Extract the compressed file to your local machine
                   a. There should be two files of type .vmx and .vmdk 
I am not able to see those files. I downloaded the zip file (it was 2.3 GB) as instructed from the Talend website.
can you help ? basically not able to fire the VM to start  with. is there any documentation specific to installing sandbox using VirtualBox ..
questions I have are - 
a) what OS should I choose to run VM on ? Windows ? Linux ? others ?   I am using Mac machine as my client.
b) How do I import or create the VM image ?

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

excellent. I am in now.. Thanks a lot! let me come back if I hit some another block ! much appreciated
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have downloaded the free trial Talend Big Data Sandbox 3 days ago but have not received any email from Talend on the 30 days trail license key. We are suppose to get an email for that right as I can't start up Talend Studio with the product license. Any idea how long do you have to wait for that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I encountered the same problem and I don't know where to get the license. I tried to search the web but I didn't get the answer. Ask a professional to tell me what to do or tell me if this is feasible.