Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOS Linux gtk errors

Hello,

I'm running TOS 7.2.1 on Linux (Debian 10), but it's unusable : it crashes on random actions (generally a click or a drag'n drop), with this error :

Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk/gtkcellrenderer.c:1793:gtk_cell_renderer_get_aligned_area: assertion failed: (aligned_area->x >= cell_area->x && aligned_area->x <= cell_area->x + cell_area->width)
Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Could you please have a look at this online installation guide about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems to see if you are on a compatible platform?

Best regards

Sabrina

jgillmanjr
Contributor II
Contributor II

It does that on Ubuntu as well.

The 7.2.1 studio is horrendously slow and just constantly blasts out GTK errors.

en666
Contributor II
Contributor II

I know this is old, but problem still exists with Talend 8.0.1 on XUbuntu 22.04 OpenJDK11.

In this case:

Having many jobs using the same context variables.

Try to change the value of a context variable, Talend freezes when trying to show the panel to propagate the change to all of the listed jobs.

After a few second Talend just dies and creates a hs_err_pidxxxxx.log report, see an example in attachment. =Don't know what to do, still didn't find a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Please refer to this online documentation to see if you are on a compatible operating system.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/installation-guide-windows/compatible-operating-systems

Best regards

Sabrina

en666
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply, I can see from that link that Talend is recommended on Ubuntu 20.04; for sake of information, I've spun up VM with Xubuntu 20.04 and openjdk11 and I can confirm this problem is not there.

Unfortunately going back to 20.04 is no an option for us, we've migrated everything on 22.04 LTS and standard support for 20.04 will end in Apr '24 anyway. Is there any known workaround, to make TOS 8.0.1 properly on 22.04?

EDIT: I can confirm it's the gtk3 module to blame for this problem.

On Xubuntu 22.04 I've tried to install the libgtk-3-0 version 3.24.20-0ubuntu1.1

that is shipped with Xubuntu 20.04 (https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal-updates/amd64/libgtk-3-0/download) and the problem disappeared. It breaks the whole apt-get upgrade ecosystem though, then fixable by "sudo apt --fix-broken install" command.

RE-EDIT: one year and half later the news every ubuntu user was waiting fror: Talend R023-10 compatible with Ubuntu 22.04

Talend R023-10 compatible with Ubuntu 22.04